BeatNik Internet Clock Skins
|Jan 12, 2000||Updated the Skin Factory tips section.
|July 1, 1999||Posted six new skin submissions from Rob. Five are in abstract and one is in pictures.
|June 28, 1999||Added two new abstract fonts and two new picture/art based fonts.
| ||Another site is posting BeatNik skins! Visit Tronds Dungeon.
|June 22, 1999 ||Skinz.org now has a BeatNik skins section!
|June 15, 1999||Customize.org now has a BeatNik skins section! Check it out.
|Skin Factory Tips
- In the Skin Factory, Control-Left-Click sets the time position
and Shift-Left-Click sets the internet access indicator position.
- New to build 14: Control-Shift-Left-Click sets the date position.
- If you are looking for free fonts to include in your skins check
- Use transparent GIFs to make the clock non-rectangular.
- To create your animated GIFs I suggest Gif
- Do not use optimized GIFs as each frame in the GIF does
not include all the picture information, so all frames other than
the first will look horrible.
- On fonts.
Builds through 13: To include a font in your skin you must
use the Load Font.. button and find the *.ttf file for that font.
If you simply have that font installed on your system and check
include the font without specifically loading the font into the
editor, the font file will not be included with your skin.
I have had many submissions that were using custom fonts that
were not included in the skin (thus they are not posted).
Build 14 and later: To include fonts in your skin use the
Manage Fonts dialog (by clicking Manage Fonts on the Date or Display
tabs in the Skin Factory) to "Add fonts". You will see
a list of all fonts currently installed in the skin.
|Abstract & Other Skins
|Picture- & Drawing-based Skins